There wasn't missing much that drifting snow on the roads create problems with travel on the tournament, but this time the Mother nature decided to spare us of such a concern.
We were at the exit of Kikinda at 5:30, than at the border around 7:00, at the separation for the Vác before Budapest around 9:30, so we arrived according it was scheduled - before the start of the first game.
The venue of the Hungarian Cup was a technical school Gy.Boronkay in Vác, with a sport hall suitable for playing on two courts. The draw was guided by the placement in the autumn part of the Championship, with combining teams from the top and the bottom part of the table: 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5. You can see the table here. This way the Hungarians reduced the potential number of matches played by each team on the same day to "only" three of them. Strenuous, but much more acceptable three.
Fortunately, the decision was made about at same the time when we were seriously thinking to withdraw from the Cup, but it seems that we were not the only team who had complaints about it. Simply, for the effort of four or even five matches in three sets obtained, as is has been or it could happen so far, we will hardly ever be ready. The main point is that the "instant overload effect" after the season break was exceeded by the positive decision of organizers of the competition. Their work is commendable and they are on a good way to bring the whole system in a very serious shape.
By the way, congratulations even to the guys who played basketball for Guinness since one Thursday morning until the next Monday evening (in the year of 2010), but that's a whole different story that just happens to be related to this school.
1. Mozdulj SE (Vác) - Hungarian fem. rep. 3:0 (25:4, 25:3, 25:8)
2. Sprint SC (Szombathely) - Hamburger SE (Nagykanizsa) 3:0 (25:11, 25:11, 25:12)
3. OKI Feniks (Kikinda) - Halassy Olivér SC (Budapest) 3:0 (25:23, 25:14, 25:11)
4. Humanitás SE (Tatabánya) - Csakazért SE (Szeged) 3:2 (25:17, 18:25, 18:25, 28:26, 15:11)
5. Csakazért SE (Szeged) - Hungarian fem. rep. 3:0 (25:18, 25:8, 25:15)
6. HOSC (Budapest) - Hamburger SE (Nagykanizsa) 3:1 (25:11, 22:25, 25:13, 25:14)
7. Mozdulj SE (Vác) - Humanitás SE (Tatabánya) 3:0 (25:14, 25:12, 25:7)
There are rare opportunities to have photo records of all the games, and now only this one is missing. Therefore, we offer here some of plays and ... something of a great help, (untranslatable word game, sorry...).
8. Sprint SC (Szombathely) - OKI Feniks (Kikinda) 3:0 (25:17, 26:24, 25:20)
Our semi-final match against Sprint was certainly the highest quality match of the tournament of the Hungarian Cup. Probably only the final match will be at that level (or higher), but it is separated out and will be played on the next weekend in Békéscsabá, as a prelude to Hungarian Cup Final in regular volleyball. We had a chance to change the course of the game, but the opponent was simply better and more stable. We missed to seize the set point in the second set and that turned to be our game zenith. We sincerely congratulate to Sprint guys and we wish them a good luck in the finals against Mozdulj.
For the 7th place:
9. Hamburger SE (Nagykanizsa) - Hungarian fem. rep. 3:0 (25:14, 25:16, 25:17)
For the 5th place:
10. HOSC (Budapest) - Csakazért SE (Szeged) 3:2 (19:25, 25:21, 18:25, 26:24, 15:12)
For the 3rd place:
11. OKI Feniks (Kikinda) - Humanitás SE (Tatabánya) 3:0 (25:20, 25:16, 25:20)
After the tournament completion the President of the Association of Hungarian sitting volleyball, Mr. András Mihályi, briefly greeted to all the players and congratulated in a fair games. Bronze medals were officially handed to the members of the Feniks by the Secretary-General of the Volleyball Association of Hungary, Mr. Ludwig Zsolt. So, we have made another valuable success, but Békéscsabá will have to wait for another time, when the conditions are right for it.
For the 1st place:
12. Mozdulj SE (Vác) - Sprint SC (Szombathely): February, 15th, Békéscsabá.
Standing: Đuričin, Milošev, Marić and coach Dragin
Sitting: Vlajkov, Golijanin, Zavišin and cap. Brandić.
These three were the first games of the Feniks after the season break, so it remains to train more in order to achieve the desired level of readiness for all the upcoming competitions. In fact, a bunch of challenges are still ahead of us. In this half-season we will play somewhere between 27 and 29 games in three Championships. (Maybe we should apply for Guinness records, ha?)
This news were transfered by electronic and paper media.